- FULL DAY – Monday, Tuesday 3’s & 4’s (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- FULL DAY – Wednesday 4’s Only (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- FULL DAY – Thursday and Friday 3’s & 4’s (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- 3 year old – 2 days a week ($4.00 a week or $8.00 a fortnight)
- 4 year old – 3 days a week ($12 fortnight or if not 3 days $8.00 fortnight)
- Parents are given a “fee envelope” every fortnight by the staff
- Parents are advised NOT to put the fee money in the child’s bag but to hand it to the Preschool staff
- Parents are encouraged to pay fees on time
Attendance & Absences
- Attendance MUST be regular to get the full benefits of an education.
- Absences must be notified to Preschool staff. Failing to notify staff or regular absences will result in the cancellation of your child’s enrollment
What to bring to Preschool?
- A bag
- One piece of fruit for morning tea
- Change of clothing
- Wednesday Only – Children must bring a packed “Healthy Lunch” like a Sandwich, Fruit, Cheese, Yoghurt, and Water
- DO NOT pack lollies, chips, roll ups or soft drinks
- DO NOT allows toys to be brought to school as they are easily lost
- PLEASE LABEL ALL BELONGINGS
Arrival and Departure
- Under FACS regulation ALL visitors must sign in and out on arrival and departure
- All children must be signed on and off the bus by a responsible ADULT over the age of 18 years old. The responsible adult must sign their first and last names.
- Preschool staff are not available to care for children on the grounds before 9.00am and after 3.15pm. Parents MUST ensure that children are picked up before 3.15pm. This does not apply to children travelling on the bus
- Lunches are provided for children Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- All meals provided consist with the Food Act 2003 and the Dietary Guide for Children
- Parents are to advise if their child has any allergies
- Bus leaves Pius X at 8.00am in the morning and 3.00pm in the afternoon. All children must be ready and waiting at the front of the house as the driver is not required to sound the horn. Children will be picked up and dropped off to the address on their enrolment form. Parents have the responsibility to transport their children to and from Pius X if their address is changed and doesn’t not fit with the designated bus run
- Change of details – All changes of personal information must be discussed with the Preschool Director or the administration staff
- All children must be signed on and off the bus by a responsible ADULT over the age of 18 years old. The responsible adult must sign their first and last names
- Two staff members will accompany the children on the bus
- All passengers on the bus MUST wear their seatbelts
- For safety reasons, parents MUST walk around the back of the bus when delivering or collecting their children
- Wednesday bus route will vary in times as it is a longer run
All parents are welcome to stay for a while to help children settle into the programs. Please discuss this with the preschool staff.
Special needs children
Parents are encouraged to enroll children with special needs. The Preschool staff will need to be consulted in advance so arrangements can be made to meet the child’s special needs.
- If you have any concerns regarding your child, please feel free to contact or come and speak to your child’s teacher. It is best to make an appointment to see the teacher after school hours.
- If the teacher has any concerns regarding your child, then you will be contacted and a suitable meeting time will be organised.
Teaching staff are not permitted to leave class rooms between 9.00am – 3.00pm so they are unavailable to speak to parents on the phone
Outbreak of Immunisable Disease
All children who are NOT fully immunised will be excluded from attending the Pius X Preschool during time of an outbreak. The Preschool will consult with the Department Of Health relating to any parent concerns. If the Preschool does not have an up to date copy of your child’s immunisation status, then they will be excluded during this time also. All parents will be notified immediately if there are any concerns with an outbreak of disease.
- All unwell children MUST be kept at home.
- Children who become unwell at Preschool will be taken home by staff.
- Contagious and Infectious illnesses – All children must be kept at home, until the doctor recommends that your child is well enough to return to Preschool. In some cases the Preschool will require written clearance from the doctor to return i.e. Ringworm, School sores, severe colds and coughs, Diarrhoea, Infected areas and scabies etc. All immunisable illnesses MUST be reported to the Preschool i.e. Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox etc.
This is important so that the Preschool can notify other parents
Your child cannot attend Preschool if they have head lice. If head lice is identified by staff then your child will be taken home and is unable to return until the head lice is treated.
Minor incidents and accidents will be dealt with by Preschool staff. A report will be sent to you. In the event of a serious accident, the Preschool staff will contact parents immediately and notify Doctors/ Ambulance/ Pius X Clinic as required
- If your child needs medication administered while attending Preschool, a medication form MUST be completed for each day the child needs the medicine. Medication forms are kept on the bus and at the Preschool so please ask the staff if you need a form.
- A copy of the completed medication form will be returned to the parents outlining the administration of the medication while a second copy is kept at the Preschool.
- MEDICATION LABEL – Staff can only administer medication from a container which has been labelled with a chemist ONLY label. The label MUST show the following details; Childs full name, Name of the Medication, Dosage and Frequency.
The children are required to have a specific rest time. Children are supplied with a mattress, sheet, sheet bag and blanket which are washed at the Preschool each week or as required.
All parents and carers are encouraged to come and spend time at Kiah Preschool while their children are in attendance. This is a good time to discuss your child’s progress and learn about the Preschool and its activities.
The Preschool does organise health screenings, which include Dental, Hearing, Eye and Speech. All referrals will be given to the parents along with any results. Speech referrals are to be organised by the parents.
Excursions are organised only if they are of educational value or will enhance your child’s learning by giving them an opportunity they may not generally have. Permission will be required for each child before they go on an excursion.