- FULL DAY – Monday, Tuesday (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- FULL DAY – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- FULL DAY – Monday, Thursday and Friday (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- FULL DAY – Thursday and Friday (9.00am – 3.00pm)
- 3yr old – 2 days a week ($4.00 a week OR $8.00 a fortnight)
- 4ys old – 3 days a week ($12 fortnight OR if not 3 days $8.00 fortnight)
- Parents are given a “fee envelope” every fortnight by the staff
- Parent are advised NOT to put the fee money into the side of the child’s bag bit to hand it to the Preschool staff
- PARENT ARE ENCOURAGED TO PAY THE ANY OWED FEES REGULARLY
Attendance & Absences
- Attendance MUST be regular to get the full benefits in your child’s education.
- Absences must be notifies to Preschool staff. Failing to notify staff or regular absences will result in the cancellation of your child’s enrollment
What to bring to Preschool
- A bag
- One piece of fruit for morning tea
- Change of clothing
- Wednesday Only – Children must bring a packed
- “Healthy Lunch” is a Sandwich, Fruit, Cheese, Yoghurt, and Water.
- DO NOT SEND lollies, chips, roll ups, soft drinks
- DO NOT send home toy as they are easily lost
- PLEASE LABEL ALL BELONGING. The staff endeavours to send home your entire belonging. A lost property (with no names) is kept at the Preschool
Arrival and Departure
- Under DOCS regulation ALL visitors have to sign in and out on arrival and departure)
- Signing Children on & off the bus – All children must be signed on and off the bus by a responsible ADULT over the age of 18 years old. The responsible adult must sign their first and last names.
- Preschool staff cannot care for children in the Preschool and in the grounds before 9.00am and after 3.15pm. Parent MUST ensure that children are picked up before 3.15pm. This does not apply for children travelling on the bus
- Lunches are provided for children Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- All meals provided consist with the Food Act 2003 and the Dietary Guide for Children
- Parent are to advised parents if your child has any allergies
- Bus leaves Pius X at 8.00am in the morning and 3.00pm in the afternoon. All children must be ready and waiting at the front of the house has the driver is not required to sound the horn. Children will be picked up and dropped off to their address on their enrolment form. Parents have that responsibility to transport their children to and from Pius X if the address is changed and doesn’t not fit with the designated bus run.
- Change of details – All changes of personal information must be discussed with the Preschool Director or the administration staff.
- Signing Children on & off – All children must be signed on and off the bus by a responsible ADULT over the age of 18 years old. The responsible adult must sign their first and last names.
- Two staff members will accompany the children on the bus
- All passengers on the bus MUST wear their seatbelts
- Parent MUST walk around the back of the bus when delivering or collecting their children
- Wednesday bus route will vary in times as it is a longer run
All parents are welcomed to stay for a while to help children settle into the programme. Please discuss this with the preschool staff
Special needs children
Parents are encouraged to enrol children with special needs. The Preschool staff will need to be consulted in advanced so that arrangements can be made to meet the child’s needs
- If you have any concerns regarding your child please feel free to contact or come and speak to your child’s teacher. It is best to make an appointment to see the teacher after teaching hours. It is difficult to address concerns if the teacher is also responsible for other child during 9.00am-3.00pm.
- If the teacher has any concerns regarding your child then you will be contacted and a suitable meeting time will be organised
Due to the child ratio teaching staff are not allowed to leave rooms between 9.00am – 3.00pm to speak to parents on the phone
Outbreak of Immunisable Disease
All children who is NOT fully immunised will be excluded from attending the Pius X Preschool during time of the outbreak. The Preschool would consult the Department Of Health with any parents concerns. If the Preschool does not have a up to date copy of your child’s immunisation status then they will be excluded during this time as well. All parents will be notified immediately if there are any concerns with an outbreak of disease.
- All unwell children MUST be kept at home
- Children who become unwell at Preschool will be taken home by staff
- Contagious and Infectious illnesses – All children must be kept at home, until the doctor recommends that your child is well enough to return to Preschool. In some cases the Preschool will require written clearance from the doctor to return i.e. Ringworm, School sores, severe colds and coughs, Diarrhoea, Infected areas and scabies etc. All immunisable illnesses MUST be reported to the Preschool i.e. Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox etc.
This is important so that the Preschool can notify other parents.
- Your child cannot attend Preschool if your head lice is active
- If head lice is noticed by staff then your child will be taken home and is unable to return until the head lice is treated
Minor incident and accident will be dealt with by Preschool staff. A report is sent home. In the event of a serious accident the Preschool staff will contact parents immediately and notify Doctors/ Ambulance/ Pius X Clinic as required
- If your child needs medication administered will attending Preschool
- A medication form MUST be completed for each day on which the child needs the medicine. Medication forms are kept on the bus and at the Preschool so please ask the staff if you need one
- A copy of the completed medication form will be returned to the parents outlining the administration of the medication and a copy is kept at the Preschool
- MEDICATION LABEL – Staff can only administer medication from a container which has labelled with a chemist ONLY label. The label MUST show the following details
- Childs full name
- Name of the Medication
- Dosage and Frequency
The children are required to have a specific rest time. Children are supplied with a mattress, sheet, sheet bag and blanket which are washed at the Preschool each week or as required
Parents/ Guardians Involvement
All parents and cares are encouraged to come and spend time at Kiah Preschool while their children are in attendance. This is a good time to discuss your child’s progress and learn about the Preschool and its activities.
The Preschool does organise screening, which include Dental, Hearing, Eye and Speech. All referrals will be given to the parent including any results. Speech referrals are to be organised by the parents
Excursions are organised only if they are of educational value or will enhance your child’s education by giving them an opportunity which they may not generally have. Permission will be required for each child before each excursion